Black Mountains Hiking Challenge
Like to hike? Up for a challenge? Then this is for you! NC High Peaks has developed the Black Mountains Hiking Challenge for anyone wishing to hike all the official trails in the Black Mountains, the highest mountain range east of the Mississippi. Those completing all 23 trails will receive a patch in recognition of their accomplishment. The rules are simple:
1) Complete hiking the 23 trails and trail sections listed in the document “HP Hike Challenge Trails” linked below.
2) Complete and submit the “Hike Challenge Record” also linked below.
3) Trails must be hiked on or after January 1, 2018. No credit will be given for trails hiked before that date. There is no time limit for completion.
4) Trails must be hiked or run. Credit will not be given for mountain biking, ATV riding, horse riding, etc.
5) Trails can be hiked in any order and in any direction. However you must cover the entire trail or trail section.
6) High Peaks will have sole discretion in awarding the hiking patch for this challenge.
7) Additional information can be found in the documents referenced above.
And while you are enjoying your hike please keep an eye out for downed trees or other trail issues. Help NC High Peaks keep our Black Mountain trails clear by reporting trail issues to firstname.lastname@example.org